I UNDERSTAND it is critical that I conduct myself in a Christ-like manner free of any actions or words that would appear violent or hateful to any witnesses of our Ministry Outreach. THEREFORE, I commit to be peaceful, prayerful and non-violent in both word and deed.
• Jesus Christ said, “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.” (Mathew 7:12)
• Jesus also teaches “You have heard that it was said “Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” (Mathew 5:43)
• Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. What goes into a man’s mouth does not make him unclean, but what comes out of his mouth that is what makes him unclean.” (Mathew 15: 10-11)
• The Bible says, “Finally brothers whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.” (Philippians 4:8)
I UNDERSTAND that Jesus commands us to be holy. THEREFORE, I commit to live every aspect of my life as commanded in the Word of God.
• “Therefore, prepare your minds for action, be self-controlled, and set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written, ‘Be holy, because I am holy.’” (1 Peter 1: 13-16)
• “But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. (Ephesians 5:3-5)
I UNDERSTAND that Jesus has called us to preach the Gospel. THEREFORE, I commit to seize every opportunity to witness to others about the saving knowledge of Christ.
• But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; (1 Peter 3:15)
• Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.(2 Timothy 4:2)